Istria is a perfect wedding destination; with its long coast, beautiful undulating hills and nice climate. Also, Istria is only 2 hours away from the UK, makings it easy and affordable wedding & holiday destination.
Paperwork requirements for weddings in Croatia is relatively straightforward. Here are the requirements:
- There is no need for residency in Croatia before getting married there, but te lucky couple should visit the registry office a couple of days before the big day.
- Legal age for marriage is 18 years for both men and women.Bride and Groom may not be related by blood, marriage or adoption.
- Two witnesses must be present who are over 18 years old
- A Certificate of No Impediment – you can obtain in your own country, it will also need to be apostilled in your own country.
- Full passports and photocopies
- Photocopies of your witnesses passports
- Full birth certificates issued no more than 3 months before the marriage with an apostille stamp
- If you have been divorced then your first marriage certificate and the final divorce papers must be shown
- If you are widowed then the death certificate of your previous spouse must be shown.
Contact us for more help!